What's new

Question about wiring rear speakers (1 Viewer)

ggiles84

Auditioning
Real Name
Geoffrey Giles
So I just bought and moved into a house a couple months ago. I'm finally getting around to getting the TV mounted and running the cabling for my HT setup. I've discovered that I've got a bit of a problem though. The room that I'm setting everything up in has hardwood floors, was built on a slab, and is on the bottom floor of a two story house. Needless to say I'm not really seeing any way to run the wires from the receiver to the rear speakers. Does anybody have any creative ideas on how to solve this dilemma, or is it looking like I'll have to go with a 3.1 setup or surround bar? Thanks!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You can pull off the baseboards and run the wire behind them. You can cut a line through the drywall, install the wire and patch it. You can put down a rug and run the wires under it. You can pull up the hardwood, run the wire under it and put it back down.
I know that none are easy but if you were going to put a home theater in the new house, you needed to plan better. When we purchased our first house, I had a few specific things I wanted to make speaker wiring easier. Yes, I was able to veto houses based on how difficult it would be to wire it for a surround sound system. When we designed our current house, I had even more requirements.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
There is also "flat" speaker wire that you can get - makes it a little easier to run under a baseboard or under a rug/carpet...this stuff is like a big sticker - you can place it on the walls, and then either paint over it or put wall paper over it...
http://sewelldirect.com/SuperFlat-Flat-Speaker-Wire-14-AWG-50-ft-2-Conductor.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks