What's new

Question about Warner Brothers Archives Replicated TV series (1 Viewer)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I just went to the new revamped Warner Brother site , and looked for the list of Warner Bros Archives TV series on replicate discs . It appears that the list is no longer there . Also new releases are all being shown as MOD. So my question is - has Warner Bros. Archive stopped the practice of releasing TV shows and certain films initially on replicated discs in limited quantities ?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
No. You just have to look at each title listing separately to see if initial quantities are replicated. It's still listed on the item page if applicable. I, too, lament the loss of that very important link.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Unfortunately, I see no consistency in how things are presented when dealing with MOD. The Jericho page looks the same to me as Spenser season 2, yet one was released as DVD-R and the other as limited quantity pressed disks (I could have just missed something). So if that is a deal breaker best to wait until the release.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Regarding Soenser for hire Season 2, the WB shop never did lost it as Initial quantities will be pressed. I ordered it around the week of its release from WB shop and the discs were pressed I'd imagine they still are since they never proclaimed it.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Powell&Pressburger said:
Regarding Soenser for hire Season 2, the WB shop never did lost it as Initial quantities will be pressed. I ordered it around the week of its release from WB shop and the discs were pressed I'd imagine they still are since they never proclaimed it.

This isn't the first time either. I've purchased quite a few WB westerns as well as drama based TV shows right when released, and while all were listed as MOD several came on pressed disk even though there was no mention of limited quantities being pressed due to demand. I just think it is inconsistent. I doubt there were any cases where they said limited pressed disks and initially delivered DVD-R's, but there have been plenty of cases of the other way around (pressed disks with no mention of a limited run). If anything it seems unusual these days for a release to start out as DVD-R. I'm just glad so many our pressed while still based on a MOD approach.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
smithbrad said:
Unfortunately, I see no consistency in how things are presented when dealing with MOD. The Jericho page looks the same to me as Spenser season 2, yet one was released as DVD-R and the other as limited quantity pressed disks (I could have just missed something). So if that is a deal breaker best to wait until the release.
I don't know about those but examples of one that started pressed and then went MOD is Night Court S5. The disclaimer of "Initial quantities of this release will be traditionally replicated (pressed) in anticipation of high consumer demand." is no longer on that season. The WB Store was recently outsourced as well which could be the issue. The new company may not care, or want, that disclaimer on new product so people won't get PO'd should they get a MOD when expecting to receive pressed.

FWIW the *best* way to purchase those titles is from deepdiscount.com. *If* it's released initally as pressed they'll have it pressed, unlike Amazon who makes their own sets via their "create space" service. Plus their prices are usually better than the WB Shop. The drawback there is they don't identify *any* of the Archive titles as MOD (at least I've not seen this) so you have to get that info elsewhere and, if initial quantities *are* pressed, order early to make sure you get a pressed copy. Currently their price for Spenser S2 is a bit higher than the WB Shop *but* they'll ship it free and they've been having coupons every week so you might be able to wait for a applicable coupon and save a bit more (the current one triggers if you purchase at least 3 CDs but DVDs will discount *if* you've met that requirement first).

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Isn't Deep Discount associated now with Critics Choice Video and Collectors Choice Music? I just ordered the complete Wyatt Earp box set from "Critics", and I'm wondering if SFM made a replicated pressing of this box set for these various mail order concerns that are carrying it (some autographed by Hugh O'Brien ) . I know if you order it from Amazon , you get DVD- r's. I plan on ordering KIldare season 4 and the final season of Bronco from WBA , hopefully both replicated .

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
When I contacted SFM when Wyatt Earp was first announced they said it would only be released as DVD-R. The Kildare season 4 and final season of Bronco that I ordered from WBA were both "pressed disks", I wouldn't think they would run out this fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks