What's new

Question about Warner Archive MOD TV series sets (1 Viewer)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
If my Excel basic skills are still workable, calculating the series total for THE FBI at importcds.com comes to

S1P1
21.55​
S1P2
31.79​
S2P1
26.21​
S2P2
27.78​
S3P1
23.79​
S3P2
20.39​
S4All
33.24​
S5All
33.70​
S6All
29.96​
S7All
35.80​
S8All
35.80​
S9All
33.70​
Total series
353.71​

Doesn't that seem like REALLY ridiculously high? For DVDs?
Yes it is higher than most TV Series I think.
However, if you consider there are 241 Episodes of The FBI then it is less than $2.00 per Episode. On DVDS that should last for many years! Which means you can watch the episodes multiple times for many years! So from that perspective, less than $2.00 an Episode is really a great bargain!
Take Care!

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
I imagine I would cringe too if I had to pay that much up front. But back when the Archive was releasing The F.B.I. every few months I willingly paid their prices to own a series I wanted. In fact I'm pretty sure I was paying more than the current prices. I don't regret the money I spent. It's a solid QM show that I enjoy watching.

Last edited:
Real Name
Nick M.
Not addressed yet is/was the status of "The Courtship of Eddie's Father." The first season was never available on pressed discs. I was able to purchase pressed sets for seasons 2 & 3 from the WB Shop when the sets were first released. I have no idea if ANY retailer still offers them pressed at this late date.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Not addressed yet is/was the status of "The Courtship of Eddie's Father." The first season was never available on pressed discs. I was able to purchase pressed sets for seasons 2 & 3 from the WB Shop when the sets were first released. I have no idea if ANY retailer still offers them pressed at this late date.
Or any of the Hanna-Barbera releases I still don't have, like...
Lippy the Lion and Hardy Har-Har
The Peter Potamus Show
The Atom Ant Show
The Secret Squirrel Show

That is, I cannot think of one single retailer that still has any of these right now.

~Ben

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The Peter Potamus Show
The Atom Ant Show
The Secret Squirrel Show

That is, I cannot think of one single retailer that still has any of these right now.

~Ben
did you even LOOK for any of these? All four are on Amazon, plus several other retailers (Deep Discount, Walmart, etc.)

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I have the complete series of The FBI, Medical Center, and Daktari from Warner Archive. The FBI DVD's are all DVD-R's. With Medical Center, 4 seasons are DVD-R's and 3 seasons are pressed DVD's. With Daktari, 3 seasons are pressed DVD's and 1 season is DVD-R's.

I also have Mr. Novak season 1, Harry O, Bronk, The Jimmy Stewart Show, and Hank from Warner Archive. All of those are DVD-R's except for Hank which is pressed DVD's.

Last edited:

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Which others, in your opinion?
I picked up three seasons of THE STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO for $15 at Big Lots. Same with THE UNTOUCHABLES.

Most expensive was the MOST WANTED set of THE FUGITIVE, which had 120 episodes for less than $100.

THE INVADERS was reasonable at about $30 a season. It's much less now.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
The Peter Potamus Show
The Atom Ant Show
The Secret Squirrel Show

~Ben
Wow sorry to hear that you did not get these yet. Knowing the big HB fans that we both are I'm surprised you didn't get these when they were 1st released. These are HB essential shows.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I just recently finished watching this show for a 2nd since it was 1st released around 10 years ago. The sets look great and its a great show especially season 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks