What's new

Question about Warner Archive MOD TV series sets (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I don't think WAC will end with Feltenstein's departure. I do believe there will be certain people who will adapt to what we want. I hope they will not put the Hanna-Barbera line on moratorium.

~Ben

In the worst case scenario, Warner might very well just use WAC solely as a dumping ground for current tv show season sets they don't want to release through the mass market.

For example, current shows like Prodigal Son, Mom, etc ... which have been released through WAC for all their seasons so far (except for Mom season 1 which had a standard mass market release by Warner proper in 2014).

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Sadly, I think you are correct, Neil. Even with Feltenstein there over the past several years, they've released very little pre-1980s TV on DVD. I guess we should count ourselves lucky to have gotten season one of Mr. Novak released.

Which I might get sooner or later from Amazon, owing to all the rave reviews (not just for the show, but for its presentation on Warner's MOD, IIRC).

High C

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andante
Hi, haven't posted in a long time. but I've been lurking and never nuked myself. (I never do on any board in case I want to come back.) I got some of the Man From UNCLE re-edited and expanded Euro movies years ago and they never skipped on me, fwiw. I'll admit I haven't dug them out in a while, though.

M90GM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JUSTIN
I’ve had only one burned disc fail on me. I’ve had many more pressed discs go. The one MOD disc that did fail, Warner Archive replaced it like two years after the fact. I personally wouldn’t hesitate to buy if it was something I wanted.
I HAVE HAD 4 WARNER BURNED DISCS ISSUED EARLY 2020'S CORRUPT, ALWAYS AROUND THE MIDDLE AND WITH NO APPARENT SCRATCHES ...Warner Archive MOD discs have so far never failed....seems nothing can be done if cleaning options and even toothpaste rub does not help...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Strubdog