What's new

Question about WALT DISNEY WORLD'S Journey To Imagination exhibit... (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I know this is really obscure, but perhaps a Disney-phile can help: When I visited Walt Disney World in 1986, I walked through something called the "Rainbow Corridor: in the ImageWorks exhibit of Journey to the Imagination. There was some ambient electronic music playing there, which for some reason has stuck in my mind and which I can hear some 17 years later. Is that tunnel still there, is that music still playing and, most importantly, is there any media available - record/CD or video, where this music is available commercially? Thanks for any help!

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Do you remember which particular park in DW you were in? Also, have you tried looking up their website for a map of the park?

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Yeah it was Epcot. I haven't been there in years but Journey to Imagination is gone. I love the Figment character. I thought it was so cool. I was really pissed when I heard they removed it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I haven't been there in years but Journey to Imagination is gone. I love the Figment character. I thought it was so cool. I was really pissed when I heard they removed it.
Actually, the ride was "renovated" and called Journey Into Your Imagination. Clever, eh? Nearly all references to Figment were removed and the new ride-thru featured Eric Idle who plays a significant part in another exhibit at EPCOT (in the same building) -- Honey, I Shrunk The Audience. Public outcry forced the mouse to reconsider this move and they "rehabbed the renovation" and returned Figment as a prominent player in the ride. The catchy theme song "One Little Spark" in which the word "imagination" was prominently featured has also been added back into the ride.

The Rainbow Corridor was removed from the pavilion quite awhile ago. I should know what song was played during the walk-through, but I don't remember. It might have been a version of "One Little Spark". I'll check and get back to you.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
We bought the Epcot CD for the baby and it is ADDICTING as hell! LOL! You get those tunes in your head and need to hear them again to get them out, but they burrow deeper into your mind- :eek:

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
Some of you might be surprised to learn that there is quite a following of Disney music. They obsess over finding every little bit of music from the Disney parks around the world. Kinda like Deadheads who collect every live show.
It's funny to think that the guy blasting Metallica next to you at the stoplight might also have a disc with the full ride-through of It's A Small World:)

Dan D.

Stunt Coordinator
Found this site the other day when, for some unexplainable reason, I started thinking about the old "If You Had Wings" attraction. Damn, talk about a song burrowing it's way into your head!

Anyway, it's a pretty cool site dedicated to lost Disney attractions, and there is an Epcot section. I figured this crowd might enjoy it.

http://home.cfl.rr.com/omniluxe/wyw.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks