What's new

Question about volume (1 Viewer)

bug_n_67

Auditioning
Real Name
John
My question is, is the volume playing the tuner always louder then when playing a movie or do I not have something set right. I'm running a Pioneer 9120, Samsung LCD 40" and a Samsung blu-ray. Something else when playing a movie about 20 min. in to it I will lose the voices but all the other sound will work.

John

Ralphie_B

Stunt Coordinator
The radio tuner will typically be louder than movies. Movies tend to have wide dynamic range (i.e. there is a big difference between the loudest sounds and softest sounds). Radio tends to have very narrow/compressed dynamic range. So, for a given volume setting, you can expect loudness PEAKS to be similar between the two... but on the average, radio will be louder (because it's always closer to peak loudness). Hopefully the way I explained that makes sense.

As far as dropping dialog during movies goes, I'm not sure what would be causing that. It could be a center channel issue (either with the player, receiver, or speaker itself), since that's where nearly all the dialog tends to be concentrated.

bug_n_67

Auditioning
Real Name
John
It's a new blu-ray player that I just hooked up so could it be in that, as I never had a problem with just the old dvd play.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks