Question about using wireless mouse/kb through USB

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MichaelG, Jul 8, 2002.

1. MichaelG

MichaelG Second Unit

This weekend I bought a wireless mouse/keyboard (logitech) that has a USB connector that can be used to control both devices. The problem is that once they are connected and I reboot my PC I get a blue screen (using XP Pro) saying that there is a device problem or something to that effect (I can go back and check what it actually says if needed). Then the only way to boot my PC is to remove the USB connection for the wireless combo. Now there is a way to connect both through cables, just like a standard mouse/keyboard is done but I would prefer to just use the USB (I have 6 so there are plenty).

So, is there a way to leave connected through USB? Maybe I needed to disconnect my wired devices first? (I didn't try that). If not I guess that I have to just use the other connection. Please let me know if you can help.

2. GaryAR

GaryAR Agent

i have the logitech cordless freedom optical keyboard & mouse. i'm also running winXPpro, i only have the usb plugged in, and everything works fine. you might want to call logitech tech support on this one.

now, you'll need to get some decent rechargeable AA batteries. the mouse goes through a pair every month or so.

-gary

3. MichaelG

MichaelG Second Unit

Thanks Gary. I will check with Logitech. Hmmm, a pair a month, I will have to check into rechargeables.