What's new

Question about using the 5.1-channel inputs on a Pro-Logic receiver. (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
One of my colleagues has an Aiwa Pro-Logic receiver. He has a Sony DVP-S560D DVD player connected to the Aiwa via the 5.1-channel inputs to take advantage of the 'S560D's on-board Dolby Digital decoder. He called me the other day because he suddenly isn't getting any video. He said his kids messed around with the cables, and he doesn't know how to fix it now.
angry.gif
I haven't been able to get over there yet to look at everything, but a thought occurred to me. When using the 5.1-channel inputs, do you have to connect a video cable from the DVD player directly to the TV? There is no video input associated with the 5.1-channel inputs on any pre-amps or receivers I've seen, so I would think that one would have to go directly to the TV for video (i.e., could not use video switching on the receiver). Is this true?
I use the 5.1-channel inputs on my receiver for a DVD-Audio player and run an S-video cable directly to the TV. I've done that from the beginning because it's the only thing that makes sense in terms of the video.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I think it may vary from reciever to reciever...
But my reciever has 6ch analog inpuit, and to use it, i have to go into the setup and choose from either Digital Audio, or 6Ch input audio within the DVD audio (Audio from DVD, not DVD-Audio) setting...
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
You're all entitled to your opinion, but you're all wrong!!! - Paul Dalmine

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks