What's new

Question about tv commercial actors?... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have a question for anyone that works in the tv commercial industry. Why does it seem like commercials seem to find 3 or 4 actors/actresses and have them in a buttload of commercials. For example that goofy guy from the "619" lending tree commercial. I think I have seen him in at least a dozen different commercials. Then their is this girl who was in a commerical for moviefone where she talks about a chocolate bar with moviefone built in. I have seen her in a bunch of commercials.
Do ad people use the same people just to build familiarity?

Thanks!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I think people who score well with test audiences and/or whose established commercials correlate with increased slaes are offered more work, and therefore appear in more commercials. Supply and demand, just like any other marketplace.

Regards,

Joe

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Is there any way to go about finding out who was in certain old commercials? I've got a bunch of late 70s/early 80s commercials on tape and have always been curious to know who some of these people were and what happened to them.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I've noticed the chubby guy that co stars with David Spade in the Capital One commercials is also appearing in a lot of different commercials.

Also the black guy from the BK commerical where the king is outside his window with the breakfast sandwich, i've seem him a lot lately. If the BK King starts appearing in other commercials, i'm really gonna have nightmares.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks