What's new

Question about this wire. (1 Viewer)

Brett_FIM

Auditioning
Real Name
Brett
Hi, I just bought my first home theater system, I have everything hooked up, except one problem. The component wire for my xbox 360. The red and white wires have to plug into the reciever, while the yellow one has to plug into my t.v.. This stretches the wire to it's limit because it was intended to have all 3 plug into a t.v., not be separated. I'm sure some of you out there have 360's and standard t.v.s (this 15 year old can't afford an hdtv yet), can someone help me? I don't want to damage the wire.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Brett - the red/white/yellow cables are known as composite cables, not to be confused with component cabling. You have several options..

1. Output the red/white/yellow composite cabling to your receiver, and output your receiver to your TV. This will work if your receiver has switching capabilities. e.g. Xbox -> Reciever -> TV. This is the most desirable configuration.

2. Output the composite cabling to your TV, then run red/white RCA cabling back to your receiver, e.g. Xbox -> TV -> Receiver.

3. Purchase an A/V Switch, and connect the Xbox to this switch. Then run audio to your receiver, and video to your TV individually, e.g. Xbox -> Switch -> TV/Receiver

Chad_K

Grip
Real Name
Chad Kemp
Which receiver do you have? Give us some specific info and we will be able to help more.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Get two cables. One, a single yellow, will go from Xbox to TV. The other, a red/white stereo pair, will go from Xbox to receiver.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Chuck, the Xbox 360 uses a cable that has a Xbox universal adapter at one end and at the other is a standard connection. If Brett's reciever has composite switching (the yellow cable for Brett) then he can route the video through it then to the television.

Seth=L

jimLi

Auditioning
Another simple option is to buy a female RCA to RCA coupler and get a suitably long composite video cable.

Here is a picture of an RCA coupler. I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks