Question about the Warner Bros "Pilot" DVDs, and the $5 rebate

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John*P, Jul 30, 2004.

1. John*P

John*P Second Unit

Has anyone here bought any of the Warner Bros "TV Premiere DVD" discs, and if so, did it come with a coupon to send in for the $5.00 rebate? I picked up the Gilmore Girls pilot DVD at Wal-Mart, and it didn't come with a coupon. I was under the impression that it would come with one...that's what I've heard on many web sites. Also, I found a pic of what appears to be the coupon in question on Amazon.com on the GG Pilot DVD page. Can anyone help me out with this? I have the receipts for both, btw.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Gilmore Girls pilot, and I just bought Season 1 of the series yesterday. Now if only I could find out how to get that $5.00 rebate...

One last thing. For any of you who have purchased these WB Pilot DVDs, were they in any way defective? I had to exchange mine for a replacement, as the audio and video started going haywire about 7 minutes into the first copy. Its funny, because I had a strange feeling this would happen...I guess I was under the impression that these pilot DVDs are poorly made from some reason.

2. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

Target carries the whole series (10 titles, I think) for $3.99 each. They each had a peel-off rebate coupon attached to the front of the package for $5.00 when you bought the entire season set of the same title.

3. John*P

John*P Second Unit

Well, thanks for the info, but Wal-Mart unfortunately doesn't have those rebate coupons on their Pilot DVDs. [​IMG] So, does this mean I'm out of luck? Anyone? Gord? David L.? Bueller? Bueller?

4. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

I've bought 5 of them all from Target.
    All of them had the peel off rebates.
    And I haven't had any quality issues.
    I wish other studios would do this, it's a great idea.

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I found a few of these at Wal-Mart, bought them, and was similarly mystified about the lack of coupons.

I then found the remainer of them at Target (all except "Taboo: Tattoo" [​IMG] ), and they had the coupons stuck to the front of them. On the outside, much like a tear-off instant-redeem coupon.

Wal-Mart may have torn them off themselves, or may have requested copies without the coupons. I notice I can almost never find external tear-off coupons at Wal-Mart, so they may quietly have a policy against them or something. I dunno.

As for redeeming, here's the instructions from the coupon(which don't mention needing the actual coupon):

1) Buy: The two qualifying items (I'm looking at the Jonnny Quest coupon, so it says "Jonny Quest: Escape to Questworld" and "Jonny Quest: The Complete 1st Season")

2) Enclose:
    ...a: 3x5 card with your full name, complete home address (no PO Boxes), (optional) home phone # (including area code) and (optional) e-mail address.
    ...b: The sales receipt(s) for the DVDs purchased between 6/8/04 and 12/31/04 with the purchase price clearly circled.
    ...c: An original proof-of-purchase tab or UPC from the purchased DVDs (use tab "D").

3) Mail To:
    WHV Pilot $5 Rebate
    P.O. Box 2012
    Grand Rapids, MN 55745-2012

Offer expires 12/31/04. Requests must be received by 1/14/05. Limit 1 per individual, household, group, or address and the right is reserved to confirm identity. Offer good in the USA only.

I won't type out the rest; that should be good for most of you.

6. Rodrick

Rodrick Second Unit

WE HAVE THOSE IN BC CANADA BUT ITS STUPID CAUSE WE ARE CANADIAN AND THE REBATE DOESN'T COME IN EFFECT HERE.

THEY SHOULD BE $1 SO THEN MAYBE PEOPLE WOULD BUY THEM.