What's new

Question About The Virginian (1 Viewer)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I have a question about The Virginian. I have read on line that in 1958 a 30 minute show called Decision had the first appearance of James Drury as The Virginian. Does anyone know if the1958 Episode Titled The Virginian is available on DVD?
Thanks!

Robert

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
It's out there somewhere Robert! Perhaps on one of the unsold pilot PD collections that are available from film collectors...all I could find was this 27 second excerpt, the opening and titles on YT...Andrew Duggan and Dan Blocker were also in this, the prospective unsold 30 minute pilot for The Virginian, made by Screen Gems in 1958, scripted by Leslie Stevens (co-founder of Daystar, co-creator of Stony Burke, The Outer Limits) and aired as the premiere episode of the summer replacement series Decision...of course, by the time Revue/Universal took another run at filming the immortal Owen Wister character, Charles Marquise Warren remembered to cast James Drury again!
You'll have to watch this on YT...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks