Question about the Sony KP-57HW40....help needed...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alan Lackey, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Alan Lackey

Alan Lackey Agent

I have been considering this unit for some time after reading all the user reviews here, but now face a potential problem.

It's listed height may make it about an inch to tall for my wall unit, which has a recessed area for an RPTV to sit.
    Can the casters be removed to lower the overall height?

If anyone that has one can give me their precisely measured height of this unit I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance....

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Alan,
    My KP57HW40 is 53and 3/8 inches high, with the steel tape measure end mashed as hard as I can into my fairly thin carpet. The casters may be sunk lower than I can force the end of the tape, so there may be another half inch at most to the height. I don't think removing the casters would subtract more than a quarter inch or so from this.

If this is too high, is there any way to place something under the legs or bottom or whatever of the entertainment unit to get more clearance?

3. Alan Lackey

Alan Lackey Agent

Steve - Thanks for taking the time to measure for me. I have right at 53 inches in height, but do have the option to relocate the connecting unit that runs across the top of the TV, its just that its VERY heavy and was a pain getting in to begin with.

The wall unit itself is so heavy that there is no way to tilt it or anything to raise its height. Its there to stay until I move [laugh].

But, I am going to have to do some serious thinking now. I may end up going with the Pioneer 533HD5, I just really wanted the screen size and just have to decide if I want to take the middle section down and move it to make the Sony fit.

Decisions, decisions....my life is good.