Question about the RP-91's non-animorphic scaling.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Hillenbrand, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Paul Hillenbrand

Paul Hillenbrand Screenwriter

Paul Hillenbrand
    Last week, I purchased the RP-91 to scale non-animorphic letter boxed DVD's to a Sampo 16x9 34" Direct View monitor that doesn't scale.
    It does a beautiful job of scaling, but it also zooms my 4:3 aspect ratio discs that I want to see in their OAR.
    The RP-91 still Zooms into 16x9 when I go into the: "change settings" "Video" Mode - 4:3 Pan&Scan, 4:3 Letterbox, and 16:9".
    What do I have to do to see 4:3 OAR on a 16x9 screen that stays in "fill" mode?
    Thanks for your help. [​IMG]
    Paul
    [Edited last by Paul Hillenbrand on November 06, 2001 at 05:21 PM]

2. Paul Hillenbrand

Paul Hillenbrand Screenwriter

Paul Hillenbrand
    Bump

3. Douglas Bailey

Douglas Bailey Second Unit

Douglas Bailey
    To get the RP-91 to display 4:3 material properly on a 16:9 set in FULL mode, you'll need to get into the user mode settings.
    While a disc is playing, press DISPLAY twice. Then use the joystick to cycle down until you see the long menu bar with "U 1" as the first entry. That's the user settings, first screen (hence "U 1").
    Scroll over two notches to highlight the "1" and scroll down once to get to the fourth user-settings screen ("U 4"). Then scroll right two places to get to the "4:3 aspect" setting. Set that to "Auto" and the RP-91 will do the right thing for properly-flagged material, whether it's 16:9 or 4:3.
    Once set, this will apply to all discs, not just the one playing while you set it.
    hth,
    doug
    ------------------
    "How can it be the same movie if they've changed my character from a
    tightly-wound convenience-store clerk to a jittery Eskimo
    firefighter?... uh huh... uh huh... uh huh. Well, that's actually a
    pretty good explanation..."
    --James Woods, on The Simpsons