What's new

Question about the Pioneer VSX-D811S (1 Viewer)

JohnVB

Stunt Coordinator
Does the Pioneer VSX-D811S have multiroom-multi source capability? And if so, can I play the same source in both zones?

- bones

Chris Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
-
It does have "A" and "B" speakers, allowing you to hookup 2 different pairs of mains. There is nothing stopping you from putting this second set in another room

JohnVB

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,

I asked in another thread about using the A/B speaker feature for our situation - which is we have wires for a stereo speaker in the kitchen as well as for outside at our patio. The kitchen speaker would be primarily used to allow the wife to watch movies while she's doing stuff in the kitchen. The speaker to outside will be for music.

In that other thread, I was told that the A/B speaker feature will only deliver the left and right channels when we're watching a DVD in 5.1 mode. This would not be what we'd want. We'd want to receive a down-mix to stereo in the kitchen. I understand that a receiver that has multi-zone, multi-source capability will do this.

For music outside, the A/B switch would probably be fine.

Someone let me know if my understanding isn't right here.

- bones

Chris Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
-
The pioneer has a "Stereo" option. when it is selected, it will down-mix everything to the front two channels.

If you are in Multichannel mode, and you switch to "B" speakers, no doubt it will only switch the front two channels. However, in stereo mode, there are only two channels active anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks