1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about the Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CD Player volume control

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bruce Chang, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Bruce Chang

Bruce Chang Second Unit

When I lower the volume of the AH! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CD Player all the way down, the music is still pretty loud. How can I make it so that the volume goes all the way down? Is there a mod where you can do this?

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Bruce, I know of no such mod. I don't use the volume control on the player since I am using a pre-amp. It has been said often on Audio Asylum that the volume control on cheaper players that offer it is not very good. As a result, audiophiles have said that players like the Ah! are not good choices for pairing with a power amp. Do a search on the Digital Drive on Audio Asylum for more information. I have limited experience with connecting players directly to power amps, so I can't really pass judgment.

3. Bruce Chang

Bruce Chang Second Unit

Keith, my cd player is connected to my Jolida integrated tube amp which powers my mains. The signal is much cleaner when I hook it directly to the the Jolida. I guess I have to live with it.

4. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

I thought I saw a post on this forum not long ago where someone said he was able to lower the volume "range" of the Ah! 4000 via a soldering tweak on the internal board.

Happy searching.

Doug