Question about the new Family Guy direct to DVD movie

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Aaron Cooke, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Aaron Cooke

Aaron Cooke Second Unit

Is this disc available in widescreen or just full screen? It was sold out at circuit city and all best buy had were full screen but i saw website that seem to suggest there is a widescreen version but I don't know if they're just misinformed or not.

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

It's only fullscreen.

3. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Another reason why they need to STOP using the term "full screen", especially on things that were made in 4x3 to begin with! I notice the tags on top of these say "Family Guy Fullscreen", which suggests it's cropped from a widescreen version which should be available separately, but of course that's not true! I can only imagine how confused the average person is over this at this point. [​IMG]

4. John*D

John*D Second Unit

The average person prefers FOOL-Screen.

Oh No, black bars!!!

5. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

When I picked mine up at Best Buy, I overheard two guys wondering why there weren't any WS copies available. I interjected there was no WS version marketed, and that the 4:3 "full screen" was the only one. They insisted that since it said FS on the top label, there must also be a WS version. The "blueshirts" in the department weren't even sure when questioned, so the two guys left empty-handed to go check the internet to be sure. I guarantee these weren't the only people to do the same.
    [​IMG]

6. Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs Screenwriter

The movie is actually just 3 regular episodes put together, that will air later this season. So there would be no widescreen version.

7. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

actaully it's 3 eps with additional footage (that obviously wouldn't air), but then the version that will air on FOX will have OTHER additional footage, so you end up with two different versions...

8. Mike Heenan

Mike Heenan Second Unit

IS this the Family Guy "movie" that was supposed to be released to the theaters?