Question About The Mole and Nash Bridges

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Justin Doring, Nov 16, 2001.

1. Justin Doring

Justin Doring Screenwriter

I don't watch much TV, but these are two shows that I do watch regularly. Last season I heard rumors that Nash Bridges might be cancelled soon, but I thought it had at least one more season. I'm assuming they cancelled it, however, since it hasn't been on at all this season. So did they cancel it for good?
    Regardng The Mole II: The Next Betrayal, they had a couple episodes this season and then it suddently stopped. Did the network pull it due to poor ratings or is it coming back? Thanks.
    ------------------
    "Home is where the theater is!"
    [Edited last by Justin Doring on November 16, 2001 at 02:23 PM]

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

"Nash Bridges" is dead, which came as something of a surprise to me - I, too, figured it had another year, and the cast changes were pretty good. I guess it's a case of how shows get more expensive as time goes on, but the ratings were staying flat enough that it wasn't worth CBS's money any more.
    "The Mole" is a little trickier. It tanked when it debuted in September, and got pre-empted by news a couple of times. ABC decided to take it off the schedule and re-launch it in January, re-running the first three episodes.

3. Justin Doring

Justin Doring Screenwriter

Thanks for the information, Jason.
    Well I'm glad to hear that the Mole will return. Even though last season's cast was better, I think The Mole is the best of the so-called "reality" shows due to, among other things, the locations, the music, and some challenges that require actual thought.
    I'm sorry to hear about Nash Bridges. It was a show that was often maligned by lots of people, but I liked it for the simple fact that it was entertaining and diverting and didn't try to be something it wasn't like so many top-rated shows on TV these days. I was under the impression that they had already shot another season or at least part of one, so perhaps we'll get the episodes on DVD one day.
    ------------------
    "Home is where the theater is!"

4. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

5. Dave Barth

Dave Barth Stunt Coordinator

Could be worse. NBC cancelled "The Pretender" and "Profiler" to make way for ... the XFL.

6. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Hahaha....very good point Dave [​IMG]
    Gord
    ------------------
    Want to see your favorite show on DVD?
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/redirect.cfm?BannerID=8

7. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I read something recently that Don Johnson is in talks to make "Nash Bridges" into a series of TV movies. I believe it was for the USA Network.
    On a related note, I used to work about two blocks from the "Nash Bridges" police barge (right by PacBell Park). I keep hoping that I will "bump" into Yasmine Bleeth during my walk after lunch.

8. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

Nash was a great show and I'm hoping for DVDs.
    Too bad I live in Canada where we don't get the USA Network. [​IMG]