What's new

Question about THE MEN WHO KILLED KENNEDY (1 Viewer)

Haden

Supporting Actor
Back in 2002, A&E released a 2-disc set of their wonderful 5-part documentary "The Men Who Killed Kennedy". This can easily be found online for ordering, and has a running time of 300 minutes (5 hours).

I was going to order it today but then I discovered that there's possibly a NEW updated release of the same documentary out now. Amazon lists a 40th Anniversary set with 3 discs instead of 2, and a running time of 450 minutes (7 1/2 hours). They show a release date of September 15, 2003, but they are currently out of stock. I can't find this 3-disc version anywhere else online. Even A&E's own website doesnt list the 3-disc set. Is this new version for real or just some mistake on Amazon's site? I don't want to order the 2-disc version if there's a 3-disc set out now. Any idea where else I could find it online? I doubt any local store would carry it.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Oh, what a bummer! I think I need this one for the other thread.

Outside of writing A&E, I don't know what you're going to do. I went through the DVD Price Search and they sent me to Digital Eyes, but list it as discontinued.

You WILL let us know, right?

Glenn

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I hear that in the new version they've digitally altered all the documentary footage to remove the walkie-talkies carried by the Secret Service agents and replace them with guns. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
On a more serious side, Amazon Canada shows a November 25, 2003 release date at CDN$ 37.44. I may pre-order.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Hmm... so maybe the release date for the US release changed to Nov 25 too. I guess we'll just wait 2-3 weeks and see if it pops up online at Amazon or elsewhere.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
My guess is that the "40th Anniv." 3-Discer also includes the three new chapters in the saga (silly though they may be) (sorry... :)).

These are airing for the first time next week on The History Channel:

"The Men Who Killed Kennedy: The Smoking Guns":
This new program in Nigel Turner's series explores evidence of conspiracy and cover-up in the 1963 murder of the 35th president and examines the Secret Service's behavior on that fateful day. Did they destroy evidence from the presidential limo to keep the focus on Oswald as a lone "nut" assassin? Also revealed, the cover-up of another shot from in front that produced a gaping wound in the back of JFK's head. Observed by Dallas doctors that day, it's been the subject of persistent government denials. TV PG

"The Men Who Killed Kennedy: The Love Affair":
THC has exclusive access to a woman who has remained undercover since JFK's assassination and has never before been interviewed. This woman claims to have had a passionate affair with Lee Harvey Oswald that began in early 1963 and ended with his death. She was privy to inside details of the last several months of Oswald's life and reveals new facts about the assassination in great detail--with ramifications beyond the love affair itself. A continuation of Nigel Turner's controversial series. TV PG

"The Men Who Killed Kennedy: The Guilty Men":
Focuses on the darkest and most challenging area of President Kennedy's assassination on November 22, 1963, and addresses two key questions that lie at the heart of the tragedy--who commissioned his murder and why? The roots of the crime lie buried deep in the heart of Texas and revolve around Lyndon Baines Johnson and high-powered supporters of the assassination who felt their fortunes threatened by JFK's presidency. Features an interview with Johnson's mistress, the late Madeleine Brown. TV PG

>>> "...a passionate affair with Lee Harvey Oswald..."

:laugh:

If Marina Oswald's claims are accurate regarding Lee's sexual prowess, it'd be difficult for me to believe that Lee Oswald could have had "a passionate affair" with anybody in early 1963.

:laugh:

Haden

Supporting Actor
Cool, more episodes! I'm sure you're right. And it supports the Nov 25 release date. They'll air next week, and then go on sale the following week.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I remember watching these when they first aired on PBS years ago. I hope this does come out before christmas, as it well make a great gift for my dad (whos a JFK junkie, of course, I can watch them to ;) )

TedT

Second Unit
They made a five hour series on this? I could've summed it up in three words! Lee Harvey Oswald!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Your right now that I think of it. It aired on ACCESS, which is a local educational channel. It played at about 2.5 hrs, and was followed by a interview with the fim makers and an assaniation "expert" (who's names I can't recall). I want to say that it was around 1989 but my memory is hazy from that far back, it was deffinatly before A&E or the Oliver Stone "JFK" came out. I remember when A&E first aired it, as it was shorter than the one we (my dad and I) had taped off of Access. I still have the tape burried in a box from my last move.

At any rate, I can't wait to get my hands on an upgraded and expanded version!.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks