What's new

Question about the Marantz SR-9200 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I have had this receiver for 4 months now and have been VERY happy with the performance. I love it!:b I do have a question about it though. I am not using it for any video processing so to keep the audio signal as cleas as possible I want all video circuits shutt off. In my owners manual it says to just hit the video off switch. And it will read video off on my receiver. However it does not read that. The receiver and the controller say 2 different things. The controller says video "off". The receiver says video mute "on" or video mute "off". I would assume by my receiver showing me video mute "on", it is shutting off all vidoe signals. My question is, everytime I turn on my receiver it seems to default to video mute "off". Is there a way I can permanently shut down my video, or am I stuck having to manually shut it off everytime I turn on my receiver?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm not familiar with the 9200, but the only suggestion I think might work for sure is to program a macro that turns on the receiver (and any sources) and turns "on" the video mute.

Robert_Dufresne

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff
I cant help you with your problem but from what
I read you got yourself one of the best receivers
on the market.
I am thinking about getting one myself and I
would like to know what you think about the remote.
Robert;)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Yes, it is one of the best a/v receivers money can buy. When you spend that kind of money on a receiver, you take your time with making a decision and looking at other models. There were 3 other models I was comparing it to. The Denon, B&K, and the Integra. I never thought 7.1 channels would make such a huge difference. It definately does! I won't be upgrading my receiver for a very long time. Oh wait I just saw THX Ultra 2 is out. Just kidding. I love it. Marantz makes some sweet products.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Yes, it is one of the best a/v receivers money can buy. When you spend that kind of money on a receiver, you take your time with making a decision and looking at other models. There were 3 other models I was comparing it to. The Denon, B&K, and the Integra. I never thought 7.1 channels would make such a huge difference. It definately does! I won't be upgrading my receiver for a very long time. Oh wait I just saw THX Ultra 2 is out. Just kidding. I love it. Marantz makes some sweet products. As far as the remote goes, I also like it alot. The only complaint I have is having to scroll through the different screens. Good luck.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
When you use a CD or DVD player connected with a digital cable, do you experience cut-off or truncating at the beginning of tracks? My SR 6200, along with other SR x200 receivers and an Onkyo I tested, will delay the starting of the track when it is decoding a digital signal. Its bad enough that the change can be "aanngg" instead of "BAAaanngg". It annoyed me enough that I do not use a digital connection for CD's. I have kept my old CD player and use analog connections.

So does the SR9200 have the same problem with cutting off the beginning of songs?

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Chris, I am really not experiencing that problem. Really the only problem that I see, is that if I have it set in auto mode and put in a dvd,there is some delay when the receiver is searching for the right signal. Or if I am switching channels on dss there is some delay of sound at the beggining when I select a channel.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Fair enough. That receivers a little out of my league unfortunately. I have a 6200 and the 7200 and 8200 are the next in line and they don't have a MAIN LOOP. Oh well.

MichaelH

Auditioning
Oh wait I just saw THX Ultra 2 is out. Just kidding. I love it. Marantz makes some sweet products.
Jeff: You'll be pleased to know that the 9200 is upgradeable firmware/software and an update is pending that will make it Ultra2.... The only thing missing will be the screened logo on the front bezel! :D

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
SWEET! Thats right, I almost forgot about it being upgradable. But that cool THX Ultra 2 logo will be missed. Maybe they can send me a really nice sticker or something. Anyword on when the upgrade might be available?

MichaelH

Auditioning
Well, I had originall heard late March or April, but no dice so far... I am hoping soon! Remember though, this is "qualified speculation" at best. I don't have anything from Marantz guaranteeing what the update will include or when it will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks