What's new

question about the last Ed (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
When Stubbs was trying to eat the whole loaf of bread Ed told him that it was really an old bar bet that you can't eat a slice of white bread in under one minute. Can somebody explain that to me? How does it work?

jeremy

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Supposedly the bread soaks up the saliva, and you just can't quickly eat one slice of bread in one minute without the help of water.

I really enjoyed this episode, it does show the ethical streak within Ed and the dilemna he puts not only that do-goodding embezzler into, but his own law practice affairs by trying to set everything right. I wonder what Ed really had to do to get the district attorney to plea out the case.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Nothing to add to Jeremy's original post or Patrick's explanation.

I did want to add my own agreement with Patrick -- a very good episode, showing some growth/development in Ed's character and showing us he is human after all.

My assumption, Patrick, is that he somehow made the DA believe that he [Ed] would make his [the DA's] infedility public knowledge. Not sure how he convinced him, but it worked.

While I am quite irritated at how they have handled Carol and Ed, otherwise, this is a fantastic show with consistently stellar writing and acting. I thought the first season was simply one of the best seasons of any show on TV ever, and was quiet wary of how Season Two would turn out. So far, the production has exceeded my expectations and quelled my fears.

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I think the thing that convinced the DA was during his speech in court he said sometimes you have to get your hands dirty to do whats right.

jeremy

I started watching it because its got bowling but I really like it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks