What's new

Question about The Godfather Part II Disc (1 Viewer)

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I was wondering if The Godfather Part II is still going to be on 2 discs? And is this a good thing or a bad thing? Thanks!

Heinz W

Second Unit
I believe it will still be on two discs as I haven't seen anything about spec changes for this set on any of the major DVD sites.
Reportedly this will allow for optimum audio/video quality which in my book is Priority #1. I don't mind changing discs as I usually have to get up for something from time to time anyway. If you have a multi disc changer then it really doesn't matter.

Chris Biggs

Stunt Coordinator
I saw GFI on AMC a month or so ago. The sound was in Pro-Logic surround and was VERY active. Especially in the scene where they do the u-turn on the bridge to Jersey. It sounded like the same soundtrack, though. Just split between more speakers.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Weren't these films originally mono? I wonder how much the soundtracks have been tampered with.
I'm pretty sure they were Dolby Surround. Walter Murch remixed them for 5.1 some years ago for the last LD release, and the remix respected the original sound. The biggest problem was the inherent limitation of the sound elements for the first two films; the dialogue frequently lacks the fidelity and range we'd expect from a contemporary production.
M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks