What's new

Question About The Culpepper Cattle Company (1 Viewer)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I live in in the United States and have a 4K Sony Blu Ray that I think should be able Play Blu Ray Discs in Region B/2
The Culpepper Cattle Company is not available on Blu Ray in Region A.
The Region B Blu Ray is in the PAL Format but has the same running time as the DVD in the United States.
My Question is will the Audio on the Region 2 Blu Ray sound the same as it would if it was released on Region A?
Or would the Audio be distorted/ sped Up since it in PAL Format?
Thanks to all who reply to my question!

Robert

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I live in in the United States and have a 4K Sony Blu Ray that I think should be able Play Blu Ray Discs in Region B/2
The Culpepper Cattle Company is not available on Blu Ray in Region A.
The Region B Blu Ray is in the PAL Format but has the same running time as the DVD in the United States.
My Question is will the Audio on the Region 2 Blu Ray sound the same as it would if it was released on Region A?
Or would the Audio be distorted/ sped Up since it in PAL Format?
Thanks to all who reply to my question!

Robert
Robert, does the BRD have a PAL shield on the case, or a B on it? With a multiregion player, there should be no difference in performance between a A or B disc? At least that has been my experience...

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Blu-ray.com says the UK disc is not region A compatible and the back cover says it's a 1080p/24 transfer (no PAL or 50i issues), but a US non modded player shouldn't be able to play it. There is an older French BD that I think is 1080i, but no information available on it.

DVDCompare says it's a 1080p/24 transfer so unless it's a botched encode there shouldn't be any audio issues. Sometimes extras can be either SD Pal or 50i on these UK discs, but nothing seems to indicate that.

I'll assume the PAL designation came from an Amazon (or similar retailer) listing. Most retailer listing are defaulted to whatever country they usually sell to and almost never should be trusted -- subtitle, audio listing, video specs, region status. better to ignore them completely and check virtually any legit review site of Bluray/Media discussion board thread (here, Bluray, dvdcompare, Beaver, etc)

Quite a few 3rd Party sellers have listing in the US and UK including MusicMagpie and Rarewaves.

$22 via AmazonGlobal store in the US. Around £20 shipped ordered from UK Amazon Marketplace

Around £16 shipped directly from Signal1 so a bit cheaper than Amazon. Obviously much better deal if you are ordering a group of items -- £9 shipped for 1-3, £18 for 8 or 9 singles

Last edited:

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Thanks Everyone For Your Replies!
I have one more Question.
If A Blu Ray has the Exact same Transfer, the only difference being one is Region A and The other Region B will the Video and Audio be the same?
No difference assuming both used the same transfer?
Thanks!

mackjay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I know this discussion is not about the film itself, but I just want to add that it's one of the great forgotten westerns. Totally underrated. If you love the genre it's a must-see

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks