What's new

Question about the BLADE soundtrack (1 Viewer)

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Manny Elgarresta
Does anyone know if the song Japanese girls in the "gentleman's bar" scene were singing is included in the soundtrack? I really liked it. Furthermore, does anyone know if these girls are a band?

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
Everyone seems to love that song. I know I do! I don't have the soundtrack, but as far as I can tell it's not on there. It's not listed in the credits either, or if it is I can't find it. Maybe it's hidden in the Score only CD like some of the music in 'The Crow' was. I even listened to the music commentary track on the DVD and no luck there either.
Mark Isham mentions how cool the Japanese schoolgirl/rapper concept is, but he neglects to mention the origins of the song. Whether or not they're a real group or just actresses, whether or not it's a real song or something he whipped up in the the studio - who knows? Oddly, he goes on to mention that the next song heard during the kitchen scene is 'unavailable anywhere', except that it's a Shonen Knife song from their album 'Let's Knife'.
But if anyone else has any info about the schoolgirl rappers, please share!
------------------
"Negative. I am a meat popsicle."

Joe_Rod

Grip
I believe the band is Cibo Mato. At least that's who they look and sound like. Very cool band that mixes different styles of music on their cd's. They had a hit called "Sugar Water" a few years ago. I hope this helps.

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Manny Elgarresta
Joe! Nice one...not the right one, but I was able to get the correct info from the Cibo Mato website....
http://www.damoon.net/CIBO15.htm
This is the answer to the question "Did they play on the Blade soundtrack"...
No, Cibo Matto did not appear on the movie soundtrack for Blade! Shonen Knife appears on the movie soundtrack for Blade. Miho recorded a song with Arto Lindsay and Kat Bjelland for the movie soundtrack of "Witchblade".
So it seems that Shonen Knife is the name of that band, unless again, it's not in the soundtrack CD. I will be in Best Buy tomorrow picking up the "Planet of the Apes" DVD (Gotta get ready for the premier party) and I'll go ahead and take the plunge if I can find Shonen Knife on the back cover of the CD.
More to come.

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Manny Elgarresta
And BINGO!
"Shonen Knife did music for this film (they aren't, alas, on the CD), but they did not perform the music in the club scene. The Japanese schoolgirl band is called Bang Wa Cherry, and the song is "Chin Chin." Information about Bang Wa Cherry, like do they have an album, seems hard to find. But if you search Shonen Knife MP3s, you'll find copies of "Chin Chin" misidentified as "Ah Singapore" (the track from the movie which was actually by Shonen Knife)."
We can thank Sarah Ovenall who reviewed the Blade CD on Amazon for this little golden tidbit!
And if any record execs out there want to pick these girls up and make em a major success here in the States, just make sure the song is on the CD!!!!

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Manny Elgarresta
NOT SO BINGOIE..
It seems that after a few hours of searching there is no such band as Bang Wa Cherry, and that the producers of Blade or some other geek with too much time on his hands (sounds like me) may have been having some fun with the internet culture and made up this fiction. The song may indeed have been produced only for that scene, and although it may have been available on the now defunct Napster as an Mp3, it has now been rendered very difficult to find.
Further complicating matters are the "Ah Singapore" confusions and the fact that even Shonen Knife seems to be difficult to pin down.
There is also the elusive "DJ Crush" which may have also played a part in mixing or producing "Chin Chin", but is very hard to find on the net as well (using google anyway)
I am, however, like a pitbull on a pound of bacon when it comes to finding a song I really like...so this is not the end. I, like the aforementioned geek, have a lot of time on my hands and a DSL line.

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Manny Elgarresta
Like I said...pitbull on a pound of bacon...got it...any one wants it should e-mail

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks