What's new

Question about SVS break-in... (1 Viewer)

Rick Castro

Auditioning
I am sure this topic has been covered before though I am not finding any threads relating to SVS subs(but I also don't have 50 hours to go through all of them). Having some HT knowledge, obviously its not the smartest thing to hookup any HT equipment and instantly crank it. For instance I own Klipsch RF-7's,RC-7,and RS-7's after initial hookup I played various types of music and walked away with the volume a respectable gain. I did this for about 10-15 hours with cool downs. Sure enough, after this initial stage I found them warming up, especially the horns. I walked away for most of the time as to not get used to the sound(did'nt want speakers to break me in). My real question here is, is there a rule of thumb(other than mentined above including calibration)for these subs? My order should be coming on 4-12-02(hoping brown does'nt screw it up)including dual 16-46's /w Samson 1000. I just wanna get it right the first time(I'll caress these babies like a cheap hooker if I have to...oh wait I did that at the website when I purchased them...lol). Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

Robert Ma

Second Unit
Tom or Ron answered this question to me.

Basically, he said to make sure the sub came up to room temperature before turning it up. If it was on a truck with really cold temperatures there could be some concern but other than that he said not to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks