What's new

Question about Surround Back (1 Viewer)

Erik N

Auditioning
I currently have a 5.1 HT system which I would like to change to a 6.1 system. It is made up completely of definitive tech speakers, I'm currently using two Pro Monitor 100s as my R&L surround speakers. I really don't know anything about what to buy for a surround back... Should it be a speaker to match my Surround R&L or should it be a "center" speaker like I have in the front. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My current front center speaker is a ProCenter C2.
I'm new, but I'm trying to learn... :)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Welcome :D
I have a 6.1 receiver but no good place for a rear center, so I have the wiring run and I set up the 6th channel once in a while, when I feel like it. I use an identical 3rd speaker as my surrounds for the rear center, at the same height, and it works very well.

Han

Second Unit
Even in a "6.1" system, I think the conventional thinking is to have two surround back speakers, not just one. Maybe try using a pair of Deftech's bipolar surrounds for the side surrounds while having your current pro monitor 100s as the back surrounds. Or just use four identical pro monitor 100s.
...And welcome to the HTF, Erik!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks