What's new

Question about sub (SVS) placement... (1 Viewer)

Jason Price

Second Unit
I'm currently waiting on a 20-39CS+ (my first sub, I'm pumped! :) ), and working on finishing my basement in the process. I know corner placement is optimal, but I have a question about what is required for the corner itself. The corner I would prefer to place the sub in looks like this:
basement_corner.jpg

Notice that it's not a normal corner - there is a small box extruding from the wall (no idea why it's there). Will this lead to a non-optimal placement for an SVS sub? I do have another corner that I could place the sub in, but that wall is not as long, nor my preferred placement.
What do you think? Will the box affect the sound when placed in that corner?

SteveBjr

Stunt Coordinator
I think that corner would be fine. I don't think you have to get the corner right against the wall i usually keep my subs a few inches off the wall. As long as you have it real close to the corner you should be fine.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Right,

As Steve mentioned...the slight wall shelf won't make much of a difference at bass frequencies. Corners tend to work well...preferably corners near the key seats.

TV

Alex Giese

Grip
Jason- glad you asked that question as I was a little concerned myself. I am planning on ordering a SVS soon. My basement has that but goes the length of the wall. Can't tell you why it came up short like that but you could extend it all the way to the other wall and use it as a ledge. Looks nicer that way IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks