What's new

Question about Stereo DVD-A (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Larry said:
P.S. While I've got you here: How do I include a quote from a previous post, the way you and others do?
There, I just did it! ;) You can do it one of two ways. First highlight and copy (i.e., CTRL + C) the portion of a post you want to quote. Then you can paste the text into your reply and offset the text with [ QUOTE ] at the beginning of the pasted text and [ /QUOTE ] at the end (i.e., use the appropriate vB codes). Do not use spaces between the brackets and the 'QUOTE' and '/QUOTE' entries. I put in spaces to prevent my sentence from being displayed as a quote. Alternatively, you can click on 'Quote' above the reply field and paste the text into the dialog box that comes up and then click 'OK'. That will automatically put the copied text into your reply with the appropriate vB codes.
I have noticed that entering a multi-line quote with the 'Quote' button above the reply field and subsequent dialog box can be problematic at times. There seems to be a bug that only allows the first line of some multi-line quotes to be entered. As a result, I often paste the quote into the reply field and offset it with the vB codes manually.
Philip said:
I suppose you must use separate preamps and amplifiers for 5.1 and stereo as well. After all, the switching and splitting we're referring to happens in every preamp and receiver ever built as well as every component with more than one sets of analog outs.
I am assuming that this was directed to me. If not, I apologize in advance for jumping in. In answer to your question from my perspective, yes, I use separates pre-amps and amps for 5.1 and stereo altogether. I use an NAD C 370 stereo integrated amp (pre-amp and power amp combined) for all stereo sources and a Sony STR-V444ES surround-sound receiver for all 5.1 material. The integrated amp and receiver are in the same room, thus, I can route the stereo analog outputs and 5.1-channel outputs from the 'C555ES to the proper components very easily.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Keith, I have another question. If I buy a Sony sacd player that is multichannel and only plan to playback stereo cd and sacd, do I use the left and right inputs of the 5.1 inputs on teh back of the Sony, or do I use just the stereo inputs? As it sounds, Sony gives you a set of 5.1 inputs and an extra set of stereo inputs. Which set do I use?

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Thanks Rick for pointing me to Keith's post. That answered my question. It looks to me that I will be using the stereo analog inputs on my new sacd player. Multichannel music is alright and fun sometimes but for me I want the highest resolution stereo signal I can get.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks