What's new

Question About Speaker Placement and PC (1 Viewer)

Mike Cal

Auditioning
Hi everyone,

I have two questions:

1) My room is set up so that I have my PC on one side and my TV on the other. I currently have my home theater, a Kenwood HTIB, set up so that the fronts and center are around the TV and the surrounds are around the PC. Is there any way that I can make the surrounds act like fronts and the fronts act like surrounds for when I play games on the PC? What would you recommend since I don't really want to put the PC and the TV next to each other.

2) My PC has an A7N8X Deluxe motherboard with

"SoundStorm™ / Dolby® Digital Audio

Experience the full power of surround sound audio with the NVIDIA® SoundStorm™. With the integrated APU (Audio Processing Unit) you will feel the impact in games or music. And with the only Dolby® Digital 5.1 encoder you can hear it all in amazing digital cinema clarity on your home theater receiver or digital PC speaker system."

I also have an Audigy (1) Platinum Ex lying around. I know most people say that the SoundStorm is better but the Audigy has optical out and SPDIF (while the SoundStorm just has the regular small circulur ports). Would that make it worth using with my home theater?

Would the Audigy 2 be a big improvement?

Thanks!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Is there any way that I can make the surrounds act like fronts and the fronts act like surrounds for when I play games on the PC? What would you recommend since I don't really want to put the PC and the TV next to each other.
Nope – sorry. We had someone here recently asking the same question, and no one had any solutions for him either.

By the way, "surrounds" set up alongside the front speakers are really not "surrounds" at all - they're just "front ambience generators. "

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks