question about speaker break in and amp limitation affecting speaker performance...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KonradN, Apr 15, 2002.

1. KonradN

KonradN Stunt Coordinator

i just received my axiom m50 and have a few general questions. Compared to my broken in m22ti the highs have a little sizzle which I expect to be tamed with break in but to my suprise the mid bass on the m50 seems to be a bit softer or not as tight as the m22ti. Not that the bass or midbass is weak on the m50, but on certain material at specific spots where the m22ti would kick out a sharp hard hitting mid bass punch, the m50 midbass seems to sound a bit softer but just as loud.

I am wondering if break in would tighten up the midbass on the m50 or maybe it is because my low end denon 1601 has difficulties controlling the midbass drivers on the m50?

2. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

I would think that room positioning would have as much of an effect on bass as speaker break-in, if not more. The optimum position for the m22ti isn't necessarily the optimum position for the m50.

This isn't to say I don't believe in speaker break-in, because I've experienced that with two speakers so far, and the bass certainly does change over the first few hours.