Question About Size of Icons on Desktop...

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Lee Scoggins, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    I did some software install on my ThinkPad and noticed that the desktop isons (Window XP Pro) got very small. I have a 1400x1050 screen that is otherwise great.

Is there a way to make the icons larger?

Thanks!

2. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

Right-click on your desktop and go to Properties. Click on the Settings tab and then click the Advanced button at the bottom. This should give you an option of increasing the dpi of the icons and fonts. Mine is set to 96 by default. You can set it to 120 for larger icons. Hope this works for you.

3. Kris McLaughlin

Kris McLaughlin Stunt Coordinator

In the Display Properties --> Appearance tab, you can also set the size & spacing of icons without affecting text size or anything else.

4. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Seth and Kris, thanks!

5. Matthew_V

Matthew_V Stunt Coordinator

I was just curious about something.
    In addition to enlarging fonts and icons through changing the dpi, my Dell laptop comes with software called "Dell Quickset" which gives the user his choice of "small", "normal", "large", and "very large" for both the icons and toolbars. What's nice about that is that it enlarges both the icons AND the toolbars (up) to a "very large" size.
    The reason I bring this up is that on my Dad's ibm thinkpad with UXGA screen, it sounds like that tip of yours ("In the Display Properties --> Appearance tab, you can also set the size & spacing of icons without affecting text size or anything else.") wouldn't affect the size of the toolbar. Besides trying out first changing the dpi setting, is there anything for the IBM thinkpad similar to the features that I described (for Dell's Quickset) that will increase the toolbar size ?

Thanks in advance !