What's new

question about selling equipment over the internet...... (1 Viewer)

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a couple of items I want to put up for sale here, but I've never sold anything over the internet before. So before I do something stuped, what's the best way to arrange for payment and shipping?

Thanks,

Kevin

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Best way? Use an escrow service. http://www.tradenable.com/ is one of many. But, this isn't really your concern, since you are the one doing the selling. You simply don't ship the item until you have cash in your hand (or until their check clears). Don't let anybody talk you into doing otherwise.
Always insure the shipment. ALWAYS.
BTW, what are you selling?

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Usually the payment happens first. I think the best way to pay someone, and accept paymeny is with Paypal (www.paypal.com). You should sign up and link your bank account to them so they can send the money directly to it. When they send the money you getit immediately so you can ship ASAP. And to an extent the payee is covered if he/she gets ripped off.
They also have a checkcard which I use often. This is if you dont want your bank account involved, you can take money directly from your paypal account with any ATM.
Good luck

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info guys! Paypal is something I've heard of so I will check into that.

BTW, I'm selling a wireless microphone set.

Thanks again,

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks