Question About Searches

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael*K, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Pardon if this has been asked before, but but does the search screen allow for the inclusion of different criteria in the search fields or is that just how it comes "out of the box"? I ask because it would be convenient to be able to search by a date range. Sometimes I want to look for a post that I think was posted in say, February. But because I can't search just for that month, I have to scroll through several hundred threads just to find it.

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Michael:

I'm sorry but the search function is limited to the number of days you want to search back for instead of a specific time frame. So you wouldn't be able to search for posts in a specific month excluding the posts previous to that month.

Parker

3. Rafael_R

Rafael_R Agent

My question has to do with searches. Can I search within a topic for specific words? I'm thinking of multi-page threads, where it's not convenient to use the browser's Edit->Find(On This Page) box for each and every page.

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Rafael:

You can search for specific words but every thread that contains the word will show up in the search results.

Parker

5. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Rafael, I might recommend selecting the "Show results as posts" option to help target the results. Like Parker said, all the threads with the search terms will come up, but it will show you the exact post within the thread that contained the search criteria.