What's new

Question about Sealab 2021 (1 Viewer)

JasonJason

Stunt Coordinator
Are there two sets of packaging for this one? I recently bought it, and it came in two separately packaged snapper type cases. But, the version I've seen on shelves in most stores appears to be more of a fold out type package, a la Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Space Ghost. Everything else about the dvd's appear to be the same, so I was just curious.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I've never seen a snapper case for Sealab, but I don't own the set. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'll chyme in.

I bought both Aqua Teen Volume 2 and Sealab volume 1, and both of them came in 2 amray keep cases. These were not snappers but they were not the same digipacks used for volume one of ATHF or Space Ghost. I thought this was very odd, and other than me I didn't know of anyone else that had gotten them like this.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
That is weird. I've only ever seen the digipaks for it. It is slightly less odd that there would be some amaray case versions out there due to Warner moving in that direction with many of their releases (ie. the two-disc SE's are all starting to come out in amarays -- still have yet to see one of the old two-disc SE's in an amaray though). But very odd is the idea that someone had a snapper case set. Warner appears to have moved entirely away from snappers. I was under the impression that once they started a series like Space Ghost with digipaks, they would finish it that way so it would be more uniform. I still think this will be the case (literally!), but it appears there are some variations slipping out.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
Sounds like you may have purchased the rental version instead of the retail version. Warner typically produces separate sets for rental stores, as they need the ability to rent discs individually.

JamesED

Second Unit
I wish they were packaged like Family Guy and Futurama. It's so handy to pull out individual cases with episode descriptions listed on the back.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Yah, I like the individual cases too.

BTW, I see your in West Lafayette. Do you go to Purdue? I graduated from CPT last year.

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
what is this show like?
I dont have cable.. I read it was a sort of recreation of an old show from the 70's with redubbed voices changing the story around to make it funny.
I saw an ad in a magazine for it.. it had the female character topless ...covering her boobs with 2 dvds..
is the series like this? does the series have nudity or fan service? that ad cuaght my eyes & sparked my interest in this series..
thanks in advance

JasonJason

Stunt Coordinator
Oops. I don't think that I meant snapper case. I think I meant the amaray style cases. It's the more typically seen dvd case that just opens, as opposed to the cardboard cases with the snap on the edge. Sorry for the confusion in terminology.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks