What's new

Question about Samsung TV service menu (1 Viewer)

Marco Salvatori

Auditioning
Does anynone have any information on what the service menu abbreviations mean and, more importantly, what they do on a Samsung TSL3293HF TV?

I'm asking because I need to correct some geometry and focus problems on my display, and when I fiddle with some of the controls they don't seem to do much, while others tend to have a more noticeable effect on the picture.

I hope someone has translations to these acronyms. This is exactly how they appear on screen:

VS 96, PAM 30, HSP 133
VA 190, UPO233
VL 120, LOC215
VSC 80, HEH 12
VE 42, HS 52
HA 150, VAN122
PPH 97, VBO137

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Marco

Gerry_M

Auditioning
I've been looking for info on the Samsung service menu as well.

On my 3296HF (32" HDTV) i saw an option "3D Comb Filter - Off". To chicken to try it.

Joe Ferreira

Stunt Coordinator
How exactly do you get in the service menu on this TV? I have the TSL3293HF. Also, can you turn on the PiP mode? What kind of stuff can I do in there? Thanks!

Marco Salvatori

Auditioning
Hi,

To access the service menu you have to turn off your set, then on your remote push the MUTE button followed by number keys 1, 8, 2 and then POWER.

If you do this right you should be in the Service Menu, from there you can adjust all kinds of settings, if you can figure out what they mean. You will have to do this with different input signals, though (480i, 480p and 1080i) because changes in one will affect the others.

Have fun!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks