What's new

Question about Samsung 3096 (1 Viewer)

John Kilroy

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the referenced television "open box" without the remote. One thing that really annoys me is the way I have to select component inputs. I programmed a universal remote for this tv, and when I switch inputs, it toggles between av1, av2, svideo, etc., but no component. The audio feed from my component input shows up on the "av1" and "av2" inputs, but with no picture. To select a component input I have to manually go through the menuing system and choose the component input from the Channel menu.

So two questions:

1. Is this how everyone using this TV has to select component inputs? Anybody found any workarounds (discrete codes, etc.)?

2. Should I purchase the remote ($50)? I only want to if it allows me to toggle through the component inputs. I presume some of you have the remote and can let me know.

It's the office television, a minimal setup, and I'm using the tv as a switcher rather than adding a receiver to an already small space. It's really cramping my style to have to do 9 button pushes to change the input on my television. I switch inputs a lot (satellite, DVD, Xbox, PS2).

Any thoughts you have would help. Thanks.

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
1. On the original remote there are seperate buttons for A/V and Component selection, but as far as discrete selection of a particular input there aren't any.

2. No, I wouldn't. What you could do is take your Universal remote to say Circuit City or Best Buy and copy the IR codes there.

John Kilroy

Stunt Coordinator
Does the component selection button cycle exclusively between the component inputs, and the AV selection among the AV inputs? I visited two Best Buys, and unfortunately, there are no more 3096s, and no more remotes. I looked on the remotes for the newer monitors in the series, but I didn't see the component selection button. Otherwise, your code-stealing idea is a very good one.

Does anyone have one of the newer Samsung Dynaflat monitors for which the remote has a component input select?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks