1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Javon_W, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Javon_W

Javon_W Agent

I have a sony de-1075 but am also wondering if this works for all receivers and mine. I have just built my home theater and have heard from a few people that if I run a composite cable from my cable box to my receiver i will get a better picture, but do i need to run a composite cable out to the tv or can i keep my s-video cable running out to the tv instead of having both or will it not work. I am at work right now and wont be cable to try this until later on tonight and have not purchased a composite cable yet but can someone please let me know if this will work to save me a few bucks. Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

Your receiver won't be able to convert the composite video signal to S-video so you'll need both composite and S-video running from your receiver to two different inputs on your TV.
    Another option, assuming your cable box doesn't offer an S-video output, would be to convert the composite video to S-video with one of these before connecting to your receiver. This would eliminate the need to run composite from the receiver to the TV.
    Vin