Question about receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Javon_W, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Javon_W

Javon_W Agent

I have a sony de-1075 but am also wondering if this works for all receivers and mine. I have just built my home theater and have heard from a few people that if I run a composite cable from my cable box to my receiver i will get a better picture, but do i need to run a composite cable out to the tv or can i keep my s-video cable running out to the tv instead of having both or will it not work. I am at work right now and wont be cable to try this until later on tonight and have not purchased a composite cable yet but can someone please let me know if this will work to save me a few bucks. Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

Your receiver won't be able to convert the composite video signal to S-video so you'll need both composite and S-video running from your receiver to two different inputs on your TV.
    Another option, assuming your cable box doesn't offer an S-video output, would be to convert the composite video to S-video with one of these before connecting to your receiver. This would eliminate the need to run composite from the receiver to the TV.
    Vin