Question about rear center

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marshall Alsup, May 21, 2002.

1. Marshall Alsup

Marshall Alsup Second Unit

Hey everyone,

I'm helping a friend of mine put together his first home theater. I'm relativly new to this myself however, so I've run into a question I'm not sure about. He has a Denon 2802 and he runs JBL S26 for his surrounds and a S-Center.

Now he'd like to get a speaker for the rear center channel. I know nothing about his because my reciever doesn't have 6.1. Anyway, it seems to me the best thing would be to buy an extra S26 for the rear center, however it seems that they dont sell this speaker by itself. So what speaker would go good in this situation? Is it possible to find a solitary S26? Is a second S-Center appropriate? How should the rear center be mounted?

Thanks a lot,

Marshall

2. Phil Mays

Phil Mays Second Unit

In my system I upgraded my front center to a Klipsch RC-7 from a Klipsch RC-3 and placed the RC-3 in the rear center.

It will be interseting to see what others think but I feel a good center channel speaker will work.

3. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

I'd go with a 2nd S-center, especially since you can get them on-line for under $150. Hard to beat for the $$$.