Question about RCA connects

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff D, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Jeff D

Jeff D Supporting Actor

I've seen several places people recommending the Dayton Audio RCA connects for DYI interconnects. I was just looking to spend $20-$30 at the goodguys (gifts) and came across the following
    Moster Cable Phono connects PL2-B
    http://www.goodguys.com/adtemplate.asp?invky=609380
    Any idea how these compare to the Dayton part? Can this part even be used with RG-6 cable?
    I was also thinking of maybe buying a 24' sub cable and cutting it down to 2 12' cables. Anyone ever done something like this? The internals of the monster cable look odd.
    Thanks

2. Rudy H

Rudy H Stunt Coordinator

3. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

As I learned last night, the Neutriks are a tight fit over RG-6, but they WILL work. They fit easier over the Dayton Pro mike cable and look pretty spiffy considering their low price.

Boy, making a bunch of ICs at one time (like for SACD) is a PIA.

4. Jeff D

Jeff D Supporting Actor

Thanks guys, I thought the dayton pieces were too much, 10 for 4 (If I remember).

I need ics for multichannel audio and component video, so I'll be making a bunch. -(

5. Jeffrey_S

Jeffrey_S Stunt Coordinator

Jeff,

I recently made 5 interconnects using Dayton RCAs and Jon Risch's recipe. They came out great! I didn't realize it when I bought them, but the Daytons are locking RCA's which I think is a plus.

Jeff