1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Progressive Scan

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marvin Richardson, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Marvin Richardson

Marvin Richardson Supporting Actor

I'm looking to finally buy a DVD player. I've been using a PS2 to do that, but I use it more for DVDs than gaming, and would rather get a more fully featured one. However, it seems like anymore the non-progressive scan players are fairly featureless while the progressive ones are not. My question is, I will not be using anything other than a regular television with S-Video inputs for the foreseeable future (think 2 years at least), so will I gain/lose anything by getting a progressive scan unit? I'm not really buying for the future, as in 2-years there will be better DVD player models, but right now I want a good DVD player that plays DVD/VCD. MP3 support would be nice, too. Price range is up to $400, so I'm not too limited there. Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated!

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul