question about Pre/Pro with a reciever???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Mike Mundt, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Mike Mundt

Mike Mundt Stunt Coordinator

this is actually a post with 2 questions but here we go...

my first question is Im ready to start upgrading to a Pre/Pro + Amplifier setup. I dont have money for both at the same time. But im wondering if I can take the RCA outputs for all the surround speakers from the Pre/Pro and plug them directly into my analog 6 channel input of my sony reciever? (I realize using the sony as my amplifier will not give me the same results as using a B&K amp, its just temperorary)

If that is possible then my next question has to do with B&K components. I've come across a B&K Refrence 50 for a great price. I dont know much about pre/pro brands expect for that Lexicon is one of the top rated pre/pros out there :) . So I guess my question is how does B&K compare to Lexicon, McIntosh, Krell, Anthem, Parasound, etc ???

2. Jake K

Jake K Stunt Coordinator

Yes, you could do that and it should work fine. It would be just like sending it to the inputs on a multichannel amplifier.

3. Mike Mundt

Mike Mundt Stunt Coordinator

thank you,
    now if anyone can just give me an idea of comparing B&K to others Lexicon, McIntosh, Krell, Anthem, Parasound. please help?

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I'm moving this to the Receivers forum, and you should search there for those names. Many of these brands have been discussed at length.

M.