What's new

Question about Pixelation on my Star Wars Episode 1 DVD. (1 Viewer)

Billy_L

Auditioning
During the scene in the movie were Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan visit the Jedi Council and Qui-Gon tells the Council about being attacked by a Sith there appears to some pixelation during that scene on my DVD, You can clearly see it on the sides of the chairs that Yoda and Mace Windu are setting in,
also when Obi-Wan is standing in front of the doors of the Jedi Council Chambers listening to Qui-Gon while he tells the council about finding Anakin you can see some pixelation to the left and above Obi-Wan. Also during the first of the movie were Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are onboard the Trade Federation Battleship you can see some distortion on the walls.I thought it could be something wrong with my DVD but I have another Episode 1 DVD and it has the very same distortion in the same scenes so I guess theres nothing wrong with the DVD. I was told that it could be something called Aliasing Distortion and not pixelation.

Billy_L

Auditioning
I found a article posted at dvd.ign.com about Edge Enhancement on the Star Wars Episode 1 DVD, the article contains pics of Edge Enhancement from the Episode 1 movie on DVD, One of the pics shows Yoda in his chair from the Jedi Council scene I was talking about. Maybe this is what I'm seeing on my Episode 1 DVD. Heres a link to the article.
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks