What's new

question about PIP,POP,etc. (1 Viewer)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
frown.gif

hey all,
I ordered the Toshiba 50H81 recently..and while I eagerly await its arrival (2 more weeks..i dont think i will survive) i have a few questions. Can anyone explain the PIP features of this specific set and can anyone explain what POP is?
The set documentation says that is supports 2tuner Split screen Picture in Picture (sounds obvious enough) and then says it has this feature: "Dual Tuner MultiWindow (9) P.O.P"
What is that?! Im assuming (and probably a big assumption) and hoping that is is a 9 window split screen funtion that will show 9 seperate channels simultaneously? that would be sick if this is true!! Any information is greatly appreciated!! thanks!
------------------
- Jason
My DVD Collection

Andrew V

Stunt Coordinator
This info is based upon my 40H80 which should be the same as the 50H81. Instead of having PIP your set will have POP. Basically POP is just two pictures next to each other. The Screen is split into two windows and you can watch two different shows at once.
The “Dual Tuner Multi Window (9) P.O.P" shows you the main picture and then on the POP side it will show you nine little windows. However you can only watch one of those nine windows. The other eight will be “frozen” until you highlight the window. Basically it lets you scan through nine channel fairly quickly.
------------------
~Andrew~
~Pronto Programmer~
AIM SN: FFU Productions
ICQ #: 21603991
Home Theater Pictures
Equipment List | My Growing DVD Collection

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
thanks so much!! after i posted, i found the manual to the tv online, you pretty much explained it identical to them.
thanks for replying!!
------------------
- Jason
My DVD Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks