What's new

Question about PARASOUND NEW HCA-855A (1 Viewer)

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
Can this amp be bridged? What I want to do is use 3 channels for my front speakers and use the other 2 channels to power my SVS. I want to make some room in my rack and I don't want two amps, I already have the Samson s700 but I am currently only using one channel from the Samsom, I will sell the Samson once I find a 5 channel amp that will do what I want.

Let me know what you think guys.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Juan,

As far as I know, the 855A cannot be bridged.

You can biamp your speakers using 4 channels and would have one left for the SVS. Or use two for your fronts, one for the center and the other two for your sub.

There are different ways to approach it. No bridging on the 855A as far as I know. I am looking at the same amp to my left and it's not bridgeable.

Charles

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
While more expensive than the 855, another member has a Parasound 1206 that, according to his post, can be bridged in a variety of configurations.
Might it work for your purpose?
-Keith

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
Keith,

I saw that add in audiogon.com and audiovideoreview.com and it does look like a real good deal except for he only has 51 posts on here and what if I send him the money and I get an empty box in return.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Juan,

My suggestion is to go to the audigon web site and email the people on there who this person has done business with in the past. There are 4 individuals who he has sold to in 2001.

You can always request photos and more detail from the seller such as address, telephone number, etc.

I understand your trepidation when dealing with unknown individuals via internet buying. I've been fortunate not to have any bad experiences on audiogon.

If you are not comfortable with this type of transaction or with the seller, look elsewhere. That's the best advice that I can give. I understand your thoughts and I think most of us who buy from a private seller with little information or feedback, have the same fears.

Good Luck

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Keith,

Great solution. I did not know this site or option existed. I think any reputable seller would understand and agree to these terms. Even if Juan elects not to use their service, it will serve my needs in the future.

Thank You,
Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks