What's new

Question about Paramount MOD Blu-rays and Amazon (1 Viewer)

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
To the best of my knowledge, for quite a few of Paramount's MOD Blu-rays, they were burned BD-Rs from Amazon, and pressed Blu-rays from everybody else (in the past). If I am remembering correctly, earlier this year Amazon ceased burning their own discs. I've been hoping to grab a copy of We're No Angels (1955) on Blu-ray, but, due to stock issues, Amazon seems to be one of the few who actually have it at the moment. If I were to order from them, would I be correct in that I would get a pressed disc now, or would I still get a BD-R? Has anybody else ordered any Paramount MODs from Amazon lately (that were originally burned from them but pressed from everybody else) that could help me figure this out?

David Norman

Premium
I THINK anything ordered now would be pressed. I can't find anyone that's ordered it in several months from anywhere though. The packaging originally was screwed up on all the pressed copies so it was nearly impossible to tell by logos or writing whether it was pressed or burned without opening the package (i.e. even the pressed discs from other retailers didn't how the Blu-ray Logo properly applied).

There's no reason to think Amazon pressed a bunch of these and stored them for later sale so you'd think after 6 months they'd be washed out of the system.

If you still want to avoid Amazon -- Bullmoose.com appears to have it in stock if you are in the US. About the same price as Amazon, but no sales tax outside Maine. Free Shipping is $35 so you'd have to find something else OR add order a $15+ Physical Gift Card to get FS and buy something later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tskogg
Recent bookmarks