question about paradigm speakers.

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by dajaga, Jul 21, 2003.

1. dajaga

dajaga Stunt Coordinator

hey i was planning on upgrading my speakers already. well here is what i have incase some of you dont know.
    mon. 7
    cc270
    micro
    ps1000.
    now i love all the speakers i have. but what speakers would be the best to upgrade me surrounds. i was thinking of going to the studio series. so here would be my plan
    studio 60
    cc
    adp
    servo 15.
    or should i stay with mon.7
    upgrade to cc370, adp370, servo 15. would there be much of difference in sound. mind you guys i will have these speakers for the rest of my life. why i say that. is because i only use them about 5-10 hours a week. and i dont think nothing will happen to them. one more thing. is it bad for speakers to go past half way on the amp. my amp doesnt say what db its at. there is really no base coming out of the mon7. unless the tweeter can blow. i only play it that loud when i listen to music witch is only 5 hours. so with my ht. i listen to pretty much 50/50 music/movies.
    sorry for the long post. dave

2. JonathanOh

JonathanOh Agent

Depends on if you like the Studio line. For the majority of people, the Studios are better in all aspects but not everyone will agree. IMO, the studios are going to make a big difference for you.

I would audition the studios and see if you think they are better to you than your current set.

If you are looking for biggest bang for the buck, upgrading to the servo is it. IMO, the servo will make the single biggest difference in your HT.

3. JamieS

JamieS Stunt Coordinator

Before you think about studios make sure of 2 things:

1. That you can actually get the Sutdio V2s you want they are sold out in many places with the V3s aout and a V3 stetup is going to be very expensive.
    2. If you can get v2 studios make sure those ADPs work in your room. You can't have funny walls etc. that will mess up the refelecting sound of the dipoles.

It all depends on how much you want to spend also what is your current amp? Studios will take much more power than Monitor series to reACHpotential.

I have the following setup

Monitor 7
    Mini Monitor rear
    CC370
    PW 2200

If you are in the US then consider an SVS or other online SUbB which will probably perform better than the servo 15 FOR THE $$.

If you are in Canada different story. Exchange, duty shipping make a PW 2200 or Servo 15 more attractive.

Personally I'd love to have a studio 60 CC, 20 setup with my PW 2200 and Rotel RSX 1055.

You could consider going to Mini Monitor, CC370 Pw2200 and maybe spending the rest of $ on amplification.

4. Nathan Porteous

Nathan Porteous Stunt Coordinator

I think the studio series would be a big upgrade if you have enough power, if not i wouldn't bother unless u buy some more juice. I agree with the servo 15 being the biggest upgrade but i personally would go with 2 pw2200's they would be the same price as the servo. I personally have a ps1000 and pw2200 together and despite that people told me it wouldn't work i got awsome results average 5 db more, takes some placement tweaking but to me it seems they work well together, not so much for music the ps is slower kinda sounds funny but for movies HOLY CRAP!. but you should defently go give a listen.

5. dajaga

dajaga Stunt Coordinator

id sooner get 2 servos [​IMG] [​IMG] :wink: [​IMG]

6. Steve_Wingman

I would upgrade to the CC370, same 6" driver as the Monitor7
    (I wanted a Monitor 3 with shielding for my center but my local dealer wouldn't split a pair, Mon 3 has same driver as the Mon 9) and go for a mini monitor for the surounds.
    -Steve