What's new

Question About Paradigm Center Connection (1 Viewer)

Brent_N

Stunt Coordinator
I just purchased a Paradigm CC-300 center channel speaker off of Ebay to match my current Mini-Mk3 speakers.

Currently, I do not even own a surround sound receiver, but plan to get into home theater eventually. Still, though, I need to test the speaker that I just purchased.

Can someone please tell me the purpose of there being two sets of connectors on the back of the CC-300? I would expect a center channel speaker to only have one set of connectors. There is a clip running between two right and two left connectors, so I assume, it is acting the same as one set of connectors.

With the clips removed, is this used for bi-wiring and/or bi-amping that I read about? Excuse my ignorance, but could someone explain this to me.

Can I remove the clips and connect both the left and right speaker wires pairs from my Onkyo stereo receiver? I would like to use the speaker now in a pseudo-phantom mode, but I do not know if connecting both left and right wire pairs to the two separate connectors (without the clips) will damage the speaker (or even make sense, for that matter).

Obviously, I have no idea of what I am talking about, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brent

Tom D

Stunt Coordinator
You are right, you can bi wire or bi amp the speaker. Leave the metal jumpers connected and connect a speaker lead from iether front speaker to test the cc300. i would not recommend hooking up both left and right speaker leads at the same time, this may damage the speaker.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Most likely, one set of inputs is for the tweeter, the other for the mids, so you would not damage the speaker, as long as the bridge was not used. However, that also means you would only get one side of sound from the tweeter and the other side from the mids...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks