Question about official threads in movie section

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Evan Case, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Evan Case

Evan Case Screenwriter

Hey guys,

This isn't a complaint about the official discussion/review threads (which I fully agree with), but rather just a comment/question.

There have been a few threads recently discussing Rollerball and John Q which had managed to garner about 20 or so responses of interesting discussion in the week or so leading up to that film's release. On the Friday of the films' release, the threads were closed in favor of official threads, in a sense restarting the discussions.

My question is: would it be possible to just make these types of threads (in that they were around a few days before the film's release) the official threads just by changing the thread's title? This has been done in the past and seems to have been successful in keeping the conversation going.

I would think it would make it easier on both moderators and thread participants.

Thanks for your consideration,

Evan

2. RicP

RicP Screenwriter

I'm in full agreement Evan, it seems somewhat silly to close an active thread with 20+ responses just to open another one on exactly the same topic.

Why not just change the title of the active thread?

3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert