Question about my Yamaha receivers connections

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by onavi, Jan 4, 2003.

1. onavi

onavi Auditioning

I have a Yamaha RX-V2200. I have the front speakers connected to the A speakers. Now, I have a pair of Mirage Oasis outdoor speakers that I bought. Can I run the Mirage speakers on the "B" at the same time as I have the "A" speakers running inside? Or can I only run the "B". The outdoor speakers aren't going to be used that often. I know the proper way to do this is to use the Zone 2 out with another reciever. But I am using my old Yamaha reciever to power 2 speakers that are in the living room with the Zone 2. Now I am thinking about adding 2 speakers upstairs in the one room and possible two in the hallway upstairs as well. But I will probably only add one pair upstairs. So what would my options be on hooking 3 pairs of speakers up one unit. Have to keep the wife happy with not too many componets. We had to have inwall/in ceiling speakers. And shes not to happy that the enterainment center is going to stick out of the wall cause the of the Sony 36XBR800 is big. Any suggestions. I'm not looking right now to buy another item, but looking down the road a little.

2. Rob Rodier

Rob Rodier Supporting Actor

3. onavi

onavi Auditioning

thanks, that's what I thought, but I didn't want to kill the receiver. What would be a good amp to buy?

4. Rob Rodier

Rob Rodier Supporting Actor

For background music?

-rob

5. onavi

onavi Auditioning

yep. only use is for music.