Question About "My Three Sons"

Brent S

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Seguine
was there an episode where Bub leaves?
Yes. Earlier in season 5, there is a 2-part episode where Bub takes the family to Ireland to visit his 104-year-old Aunt Kate (his father's sister) and her family.

Several episodes later in "A Woman's Work," Bub decides to return to Ireland and celebrate Kate's upcoming birthday. It's only supposed to be an extended trip, and the family bids Bub goodbye at the half-point of the episode as he leaves in a taxi. The most emotional good-bye is Tramp's, who goes up on his back legs and gives Bub a hug. The rest of the episode deals with the Douglas men learning how hard all the housework is.

Demarest comes on in the next episode, "Here Comes Charley," to visit his brother. By the end of that episode, Charley has moved in, and after a couple passing mentions later in season 5, it's like Bub never existed.

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Or just wait for Deepdiscount to stock them. They've been pretty good about keeping many of the Aussie released classic TV or "high profile" series in stock at current exchange rate, or lower, prices.

LeoA

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
If it's region free, what about the PAL issue? Won't that be a roadblock for our NTSC equipment?

timk1041

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy
This is the only source so far : https://stack.com.au/australian-release-dates-movies-tv/

The naming style suggests that it is coming from Via Vision Entertainment. There aren't really any other companies left that would be prepared to put out a set like this in Australia.
It gives an August 5th release date. If it says Volume 1 for Seasons 1-4, could it mean 2 more volumes may get released later covering Seasons 5-8 and 9-12?

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
Probably, I don't imagine they'd write Volume 1 though - it would just confuse consumers into thinking it didn't actually have all of Seasons 1-4.

Reactions: timk1041

timk1041

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy
Probably, I don't imagine they'd write Volume 1 though - it would just confuse consumers into thinking it didn't actually have all of Seasons 1-4.
Thank you. I have a feeling this release will only be a Region 4 PAL format. According to most of what is on this website's offerings, most if not all are Region 4 discs. I am not even certain if they ship to the U.S. Please correct me if I am wrong. I hope I am.

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you. I have a feeling this release will only be a Region 4 PAL format. According to most of what is on this website's offerings, most if not all are Region 4 discs. I am not even certain if they ship to the U.S. Please correct me if I am wrong. I hope I am.
It will be Region 4 locked, but NTSC. That is how all the Shock Entertainment CBS titles are. They have a Beverly Hillbillies Season 1 thru 5 collection, a Love boat Season 1 thru 4 collection, the Lucy series, etc. All are the same. I don't think My Three Sons would be any different.

Reactions: Jeff Flugel

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
It'll be available through heaps of sites when it's released, some will definitely ship to the US.

timk1041

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy
It will be Region 4 locked, but NTSC. That is how all the Shock Entertainment CBS titles are. They have a Beverly Hillbillies Season 1 thru 5 collection, a Love boat Season 1 thru 4 collection, the Lucy series, etc. All are the same. I don't think My Three Sons would be any different.
Sounds like I'll have to get an All Region player if I want to get this. I wish you could buy them in the stores, but it seems like you have to special order them.

Rodney

Effects Supervisor
Premium
Checking in to see if anyone has ordered the Aussie set, or has anymore information on it. I have a region-free player, but would like to understand if they are the same edited episodes as the MODs.

Jeff Flugel

Effects Supervisor
Premium
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Checking in to see if anyone has ordered the Aussie set, or has anymore information on it. I have a region-free player, but would like to understand if they are the same edited episodes as the MODs.
It's showing as in stock here:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/DVD/My-Three-Sons-Seasons-1-4-Collection/dp/6222157#secinfo

It lists very little info there, only the cover and that the set is 24 discs (assuming 6 discs per season) with a total runtime of 3,705 minutes. If that runtime figure is accurate, and calculating that there are 148 episodes in the first four seasons, that shakes out to about 25 minutes per episode...which means we can perhaps assume that the episodes are mostly complete. Whether the first two seasons feature original music scores is another matter. The price is AUD $102.97 (about USD $74). I'd like to learn more about the set's contents before I pony up the cash, though...

Last edited:

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birlaestates10